Providing care for Jewish people with a mental illness and support for
Wings of Care exists as an ancillary organization of the Jewish Mental
Health Network. Both organisations are involved in the JCCV Social
- A Help-line 03 9527 4866 Mon-Thu 9am -5pm, Fri 9-3pm Sun1.30-5pm.
- A 'friendly visiting' service with hospital and home visits.
- A professional training program for 'volunteers' to become visitors.
- A mutual support program for clients facilitated by an Occupational Therapist. Consumer Website; www.vicnet.net.au/~msupport.
- A Carer Support Group. Sunday 7.30-9.30 pm.
- The Jewish Mental Health Network Newsletter.
- Resource Guide with information from the Jewish and wider Communities.
- Providing a Drop-in every Sunday afternoon with talks and activities.
- Providing professional development and community educational programmes.
- ERA (Educational Recreational Activities) Rehabilitation programme 7.30-9.30pm Thursdays.
- Telephone Conference calling for client group. 2-3pm Wednesdays.
- Friendly visiting home visits and assistance service, mostly weekly
- A Community Chest has been formed to support clients' financial needs.
- Mental illness prevention and management Workshops.
Contact on 95274866, Fax 95274488 or firstname.lastname@example.org.